Sunday, September 6, 2009

More Saturday Finds


I was so excited to find that I was featured on Someday Crafts for my cabinet to chair project. It's my first time being featured anywhere, THANK YOU!



Also, I'm joining Today's Thrifty Treasures over at Rhoda's Southern Hospitality again this week. Go check out everyone else's great finds!


I had to run to the bank yesterday, and saw that there was a big yard sale going on next to the Scrounge Around shop. I always seem to find something there, so we stopped by.


I found this great old doorknob for $1! She said it's complete, and as far as I can see (but what do I know?) it is. No skeleton key though :(.



Some buttons to cover and old ruler (I'm seeing projects involving these all over these days).Notice the sizes that they have? Men, Junior, Missey & MAMA SIZES?



This hobnail-looking frame.



The milk glass vase is for the girls' room. And the hobnail piece is Fire King. I have another just like this, but smaller.



Two candlesticks that need a paint job.



Pyrex! My first Crazy Daisy piece! The plate & the vase were 2 for $.25.



This shirt will be either a pillow or something for Layla. Probably a pillow though. Ever since I started seeing all these menswear remakes, I cannot find any decent shirts!



One of my favorite finds, this lamp! I wanted a lamp for my bedside table, and had been admiring all the glass ones I saw on other blogs. Now I found one! I obviously need to take it apart and paint it. I need a new shade, too. If you have redone one of these, or know who has, could you PLEASE share the links? I'm not sure what kind of shade to go with. Suggestions?




Thank you for stopping by! I truly appreciate all of your comments!

25 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Congrats on being featured!!! Very exciting!!! Love all your finds!

roseylittlethings said...

great finds! I have both of the milk glass pieces! Love the door knob.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting featured. Lots of loot this week for you. :-) I'm loving the hobnail vase. So pretty.

The Lazy Peacock said...

very cool stuff - i love your lamp. i have recovered shades, it is very easy. you could find a cheap shade at a thrift and then cover it with fabric, paper, or paint it! here are a couple of links:
http://www.eddieross.com/eddie_ross/2008/11/before-after---when-life-gives-you-lemons.html

http://fatorangecat.wordpress.com/2008/04/11/how-to-cover-a-lampshade/

Good luck!

LizO said...

I'm loving that ruler. It gave me a much needed giggle. :-)

Jenny in Maine said...

LOVe the lamp Wendy, and the ruler is too cute!! Can't wait to see the lamp after!!!

Sue said...

Like the crazy daisy piece (I just found some last week) and your door knob the best, Good finds, all. Good luck with your lamp re-do.

Kate Kubler said...

THanks for stopping by my blog! Please link up this post to my "TRash TO Treasures" post on my blog! You have some great finds! Be sure to follow so you know when I post an upcoming Giveaway! If you link to my Trash To Treasures Party you get an extra entry!

Pearl Maple said...

Great finds, thanks for sharing a peek with us all. You have a eye for finding treasures.

Blue Creek Home said...

Boy, you found lots of good things at that place!
And congratulations on the feature.
Rhonda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did get some great finds. Like the lamp.

Leslie said...

That is too funny I got the same milkglass fireking vase last week! I paid a whole quarter for it!! But I love old Fireking! Great find! Also love the old doorknob! To bad it didnt have the skeleton key with it! Great finds!!!!

Leslie

Susie Q said...

Love the frame and the pictures inside it...and congratulations! I'm going over to read it!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

You found some great things. That milk glass piece is so pretty! Linda

Alicia said...

You found some great things. I would love the see that shirt made into a pillow. Please post pictures of that. And congratulations on being featured!

Sharlotte said...

Great finds...I can't wait to see your lamp complete. I recovered a lamp shade with fabric. For another lamp, I found a single shade at Marshall's Home Good Store. Finals I found at Hobby Lobby ~ all these very inexpensive.

Good Luck!

Caroline said...

I just redid a crystal lamp similar to yours. Very easy to do, just unscrew the bottom and very gently take apart. I then placed it gently in a box and spraypainted all of the brass white. To see what it looks like now come check it out..I am no.14 on the Mister Linky list.

Quiltpiecer said...

Great finds! I would love to see the makeover for the men's shirt and the glass lamp. Thanks for sharing and stop by to say hello if you get a chance.

Helen Joy said...

That is the cutest little Pyrex piece! I really love the door knob so much! So so so much!

Leanne said...

Hi Wendy! You found some great treasures. I love the lamp and the milk glass pieces. And you are lucky, lucky, lucky. I love your table and 2 chairs makeover. You did great and they look better than at Lowe's. Saved tons of money too. Great job!

Shauna said...

You found some great stuff. I love the milk glass and that old doorknob!

Lotta Dahl said...

Love the old door knob! Our whole house has the original 1912 knobs, they add a lot of character!

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

I love the door knobs. so cute!

Create in me a clean heart O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 said...

Congrats on being featured! I'll go check out the site! You got some great deals this week. I really like that frame you got - so many possibilities with it.

K Lynne Designs said...

Oh I love the doorknob! And the buttons are such a great deal - they are so stinking expensive at the craft stores! I love the vase too! Thanks for letting me know the name of it - I am so new to milk glass I never have a clue what I'm buying! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "hi"! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...