Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cookie Invitations

Since most of the cookie party printables I've come across were either pink & brown or blue & brown, I had to make my own. Some sort of printable would have been faster, but I think these turned out cute.

I started with foam sheets from Michaels, a scallop pattern, a circle traced from a cup and some puff paint (not pictured).

I just traced the scallops onto the white foam and cut them out.

And did the same with the brown foam & the circles.

Next I added "sprinkles" with the puff paint. I really wanted to use an actual aqua color, but this teal/turquoise was all I could find.

And then assemble. Now the funny thing about these invitations, is they ended up not being invitations. I ended up inviting everyone via Facebook, using this image. But I had planned on printing out the wording, and gluing it to the back of the cookie. The wording I was going to use was "Cookies are the perfect treat, for a little girl this sweet". And then the where, what time, etc.

I still plan on using these as decorations for the party, so they weren't a total waste. I think I might make some bigger ones, too.

Link
Would you like a cookie?

Linked to: Creative Bloggers Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime, Link Party at Bird's Party Blog, Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Talent Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee, Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife, Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog, What We Made & Wore Wednesday at Rae Gun Ramblings, What's Up Wednesday at Sew Woodsy,Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts

6 comments:

Mariah said...

I love unique invitations and think these turned out great! Found you via Bird's Party Blog.

brooke said...

SO CUTE!

Jeni said...

Such a cute invite and decoration!

Carolyn said...

What a great idea. They are just adorable. I would love to be on your link party list. My party – The Inspiration Board is up right now and I know my readers would love this. Hope to see you there.
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2012/03/inspiration-board-link-party-40.html

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

LOVE your cookie invitations!!! So adorable! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now! Hope to see you there!

Jill
www.jillifyit.com

Bird said...

What a super, creative Idea Wendy!! LOVE how simple and yet funky it is!

Thanks you so much for linking up to Bird's Party!! Hope to see you next month?! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...