Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Fun


Every year, since Blake was one, I believe, we have painted pumpkins. It's usually done in the house, but it was so nice out that day, we set them up outside.






Blake was waiting for his pumpkin to dry and asked if he could make a mask. He said he needed cardboard, so I told him he could use anything in the recycle bin. He ended up with this, so I guess the mask idea was out.

And then of course, we have Halloween! Layla was a witch this year and Blake decided to be Zorro. I have no idea where he got the idea for that, he hasn't even seen the movie! This was the first time I ever attempted to make one of their costumes. I think Layla's turned out pretty good though. Check out the toothless grin on Blake!






Her hat was pretty plain, and I had some leftover tulle, so I decided to add some to the hat. I also used some black lace and a plastic spider.







Of course, by the second street, Layla was whining that she needed a drink. That's her favorite saying these days. And then it was that she watned to go back to Nonnie's. But she somehow managed to make it through all of the streets. It seemed like there were a lot less houses to stop at this year. What about in your neighborhood?


I spent all day Sunday cleaning the house and putting away all the Halloween decorations. As much as I love Halloween, it feels good to have the house back to
"normal", even though it's only a matter of weeks before the Christmas decorations come out!

5 comments:

Kim said...

The kids look awesome.

Treighsie said...

They look great! I LOVE Layla's costume! And I'm jealous-- it looks so warm, compared to our cold NY weather!

Amy Marie said...

Wow they look great... love the tulle on the little witchy!! And what a great idea to paint pumpkins... they would last so much longer then!

Unknown said...

What cuties! I love the tutu you made for Layla! When I was a little girl I would have LOVED to wear something like that. :)

Kim's Treasures said...

Cute kiddos! Love the witches costume!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...