Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Totally Gross!!


Saturday we had Blake's party. It came after two, 8:00 am soccer games, so needless to say, it was a pretty busy day! But I think it was worth it. :) Slimy cake, anyone?



Barf Bags, aka goody bags.

Behold, the toilet centerpiece. I filled it with gummy body parts. Layla kept stealing it that morning and putting her baby doll on it. "They had to potty, mom!"



A jello brain...




First on the agenda was a watergun fight. We got lucky with them! We couldnt find any except for the tiny ones in the party favor section. Until a friend said she saw some at the Dollar General. So we stopped after the games, and bingo! They were marked $2, $4 and $10. I didnt really want to spend that much, but I figured it wasnt too bad. I was pleasantly surprised when they actually rang up $1.20, $1.50 and $4!




Rememeber I mentioned trying to make a paper mache nose? Well, here it is. I have already heard it looks like boobs, I know it kind of does. But it was my first attempt, I think it came out okay!


Eww.... This was just metamucil & water. The kids loved it though!








Doesnt that make you want to dig in?



Next up was even more slime. The idea was to dig in the slime and find a bouncy ball. That is, until I realized the balls float. So we started out like this...



But then we figured it was easier to do it without, I just told them to let their hands sink in and play with it for a second. It didn't take long for it to go from this:



To this:









The final activity of the day was a waterballoon fight. We filled over 200 waterballoons. I had originally planned to have them make some of the above slime (it's just cornstarch & water), but they were having so much fun I forgot all about it. You should have seen all of the adults hiding on the screen porch during all of this.




Then of course, cake & ice cream. And then presents!



Happy Birthday Buddy!
Ive added this to the 2nd Annual Party Party at My Insanity!
And the Celebration Inspiration Party over at Under the Table & Dreaming!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Ewwwww! Really, your cake is perfect--the frosting is just the right color & consistency. Love it! And the giant nose cracked me up. I can tell from the photos that the kids had a blast at the party!

Amy Marie said...

Wow you completly rocked the gross party. And that cake is actually pretty... don't tell Blake I said that...

krcrafts said...

You are the coolest mom ever! I know Blake had a blast and how does Layla still look so adorable covered in slime?? LOL

And I think that must be the prettiest totally gross cake I've ever seen!

Treighsie said...

OMG, that is awesome! What a cool cool party! I bet the kids just loved the slime!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Looks like the kids had a great time! The cake looks great!

Sarah and Jack said...

Well, isnt that giant nose disgusting? LOLOLOL Perfect for boys. :-)

Jenny said...

This is just too great WEndy!! Wow, I wish I had of done something like this for one of my boys!! What an awesome birthday party!!!

Loveya, Jenny

Kendra@My Insanity said...

This is a fantastic party! I just have a hard time looking at it in my pregnant state. :-)

Jerri-Lea said...

Oh, I cannot wait to do some of these gross activities in the summer! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

How did you make gross so cool!?! Amazing creative ideas. The nose idea...totally gross and fun at the same time! The cake looks great! Would love to have you join the Celebration Party and link this up! You did an incredible job with the details - so original! ~ www.bystephanielynn.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Thanks so much for joining the Celebration Party! I still can not get over the details you put into this party - so creative! Thanks for sharing - You did a fabulous job!

Brakes and Gas said...

Love this idea! I want a totally gross birthday party and I am 28! Great job!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Wendy - I am featuring your party tomorrow! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks for joining the Celebration Party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...