Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rainbow Wreath


Things are slowly coming along for the rainbow party. I managed to get the wreath done, now I'm getting ready to work on her t-shirt. Lot's to do still! But I want to go ahead & share the wreath. I started with a $1 wreath form from the Dollar Tree, some batting & tacky glue.




I cut strips out of the batting (doesn't need to be perfect) and wrapped it all around the wreath.





This is what you will end up with.



I used this super soft baby yarn. It has 86 yards & was less than $3. I knew this would cover it & I wasn't looking to spend much on this.



After wrapping the entire wreath in yarn, you have this. I love how soft & fluffy it looks, almost like a cloud!



And here is the end result!



I don't have any photos of making the flowers, I was kind of playing with them as I went. At the time I wasn't 100% positive what I wanted to do. But the flowers are easy. Just cut a spiral in the felt & roll it up. I used a little hot glue to secure them together.





I haven't decided if I am going to make another bunting for this party (I made one for all three parties last year), so I wanted to add one to the wreath. It's just triangles of felt, glued together.



I strung them on a piece of baker's twine.



I think it turned out pretty cute! I might hang it in their bedroom when the party is over, not sure yet. Oh, and please check out my current giveaway, your choice of bow from Hailey's Bows. There is only one entry so far, so your chances are good!

Linked to:

Hookin Up With HoH at House of Hepworths
Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe
Catch-as-Catch-Can at My Repurposed Life
Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now
Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest
I'm Crafty at So You Think You're Crafty
Show & Share Day at Just a Girl
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello
Strut Your Stuff at Saturday Mornings
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming
Sundae Scoop at I ♥ Naptime
Tute Yourself Tuesday at Little Eme
Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts
Idea Sharin Wednesday at Women Who Do It All
Whats Up Wesnesday at Sew Woodsy
Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Designs
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Talent Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee
Looks What I Made at Creations by Kara

42 comments:

Stephani said...

That really is an adorable wreath! I'm finding all sorts of cute wreath idea. It's a good thing I don't have any extra wreath forms lying around (and that my $ store is sold out :( Or I'd be making many more of these things!

Kyla Armstrong said...

Wow! I've been looking for a fun wreath idea for March and I think I found it. I love happy rainbows and this is so perfect! Thanks so much for sharing. I found you through a linky party. My readers would love this. I would love if you came and linked up to TOO Cute Tuesday!

http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/2011/02/too-cute-tuesday-linky-par-tay-19.html

Michelle said...

How totally cute is that? Love it!

I am popping over from Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Reading to say hi and Happy Weekend!

Renee Ann said...

Love this project! Not only is simple enough for me, but also the fuzzy yarn is adorable. Glad I stopped in from the Weekend Bloggy Reading hop.

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm visiting from Amanda at Serenity Now's blog party. I love this wreath! I recently made a fluffy yarn wreath myself, they're so fun & versatile. :-) Take care!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh my word!!! This is too cute for words, Wendy!! :) I'm lovin' it!! The bunting is so fun.

Thank you so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Ready party. :)

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

I LOVE this wreath! It's so bright and fun!

alanna rose said...

I just linked up, and realized that we totally made matching projects! Great minds, right?! Good job and have a super weekend :)

meg + andy said...

cute!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

your wreath turned out so darn cute! that yarn looks so soft and dreamy!
thanks for linking up and sharing @ ccc
gail

Unknown said...

Your projects always make me smile! Nice work, girl!

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

I love the fluffy yarn you used for the wreath. Super cute.

Jayna Rae said...

This is REALLY cute! There are so many wreaths out there in blogland that it is rare that one really catches my eye. I absolutely adore your creation.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This is so cute! I love the rainbow of colors!

Unknown said...

This is simply adorable! The fluffy yarn is great and that twine is the perfect little touch!

(sharing a link to this on my FB page today!)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Featured your wreath today. :) I hope to have an "I've Been featured" button soon!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Love it! Wrapping the wreath in batting before using the yarn was a good idea. This is so cute! You are sure to receive many, many compliments on this.

BeingBrook said...

LOVE!! SO adorable!

Liz said...

Wow! This is the most adorable thing I have seen all week! Thanks for sharing!

jenn said...

I love this! It looks great! I have so much yarn and now it has a purpose. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

Ok, I've made yarn wreaths before, and they did not come out NEARLY this good! I absolutely love it! The little banner just makes it.

I'm your newest follower!


Kelly

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Hey there! Just stopping by to let you know I'm showing this off over at Crafts & Sutch today! Please pop over to take a peek and grab a "SUTCH an Inspiration" button! You deserve it! :)

Have a great week!
Erin

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I adore this! I will be featuring it on my blog next week - all credits and links back to you!

http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Sumo :)

La-Dee-da crafter said...

This is so fun. I have been wreath crazy lately and I love yours. I love how bright and cheery it is. You did so good and I never would have thought to use batting to wrap around.
Ladeedacreations.com
Love it!!!!

Angie Holden said...

This is so cute!!! :) Thanks for posting!!

Melissa said...

How pretty!

Our Seven Dwarfs said...

Very cute! thanks for the tutorial

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Just saw this on One Pretty Thing, absolutely adorable. I love how you wrapped batting around the wreath form first, gives the whole project a great feel. Peace, love and rainbows to you!!!

Shanea said...

Super cool! I love it.

Jill said...

Wow, that just screams Summer. I love it, it brings a smile to my face!

Liz said...

I featured this today! Go by and grab a button!

Jessica@SewHomegrown said...

Love it! I'll be linking later today! I also love the sunshine state - right now we're transplanted in TN, but we are trying to get back soon :)

Melissa said...

This is really, really cute and so cheerful! I love it!
Melissa
www.pathb4me.blogspot.com

Jill said...

So cute! I love how the thick yarn looks!

Jennifer said...

I love this project! The batting was a great idea, it made your wreath seem a lot thicker and fluffier. I featured you today on my rainbow round up :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/03/rainbow-round-up.html

Ashley said...

Great idea!

Ashley
www.TheThriftyWife.com

Kyla Armstrong said...

I featured your darling rainbow loveliness in my roundup!

http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/2011/03/true-confessions-rainbow-addiction.html

AmyH said...

Cute! Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter- good luck:)

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

This is absolutely adorable. TFS!!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

soooo cute!
-kellie

Anonymous said...

Kursus HP
iPhone
Apple
Vivo

Les Private


Nino Nurmadi said...

www.lampungservice.com
www.lampunginfo.com
lampungjasa.blogspot.com
beritalampungmedia.blogspot.com
lampungandroid.blogspot.com
lampung

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...