Monday, April 25, 2011

Layla's Art Birthday


Finally - the art party is here! I'm going to go ahead and tell you, there are a lot of photos in the post! But I wanted to have it all together as opposed to several seperate posts.



First up, the invitations. You can read more about them here.


And of course, the art party wreath.


The goodies.


Didn't these signs turn out cute? The fabulous stamp came from a shop called Doodlebug Design.


The cake. I decided not to flatten out the layers so it has a rounded top. The adorable cake garland came from Shortcake Party Picks.


Now for specifics on the goodies. We had chocolate covered pretzels.


Pretzel M&Ms.

Gummi bears. (you can also see the punched paper table runner I made)


Jelly beans.


White chocolate oreos.


Pickles! Layla loves these, so I thought it would be cute to have at her party.


Chips of course.


She also loves cheese puffs, so they were included. And the rainbow bowl made another appearance.

Biscuit BBQ cups.


You can't have a party without goody bags. The glassine bags came from Le Box Boutique.


Inside we had a painted pencil, glitter glue, a mini chalkboard (I wrote 'thanks for coming' on each one), chalk, sidewalk chalk, a lollipop, Painterz gum, a stamp & playdough.






I punched the confetti out of paint chips.


I got the idea for the doily banner from Meg. I wish the colors would have turned out brighter, like hers did, but I was still happy with it. And the kids had fun painting it.










This is a $1.00 white tablecloth that I taped to a board and propped against the wall.





They also got to paint 5x7 canvases.





This is what the table looked like when they were finished!


We also had shaving cream painting.








Haha, Morgan. Nice!


And that would be Blake.


I guess with that many boys around it doesn't take long for a nice, simple craft to turn into a mess!


They also played football (they all play in the same league as well).


The water wasn't planned, but it was a nice way to get cleaned up.






A slight twist on the rainbow cake.





We used the painted tablecloth for a backdrop. I let her choose the color for this frame. She bypassed the watermelon color for this! I am going to be posting tutorials for some of the things featured, so stay tuned.


Linked to: Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Projects in Progress at Ma Nouvelle Mode, Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog, Talent Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Link Party #51 at Tea Rose Home, Idea Sharin Wednesday at Women Who Do It All, What's Up Wednesday at Sew Woodsy, Whassup Whassup at Elements Interiors, Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Design, Inspired By You Wednesday at Eisy Morgan, Look What I Made at Creations by Kara, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, I'm Crafty Party at So You Think You're Crafty, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, Project Party at Bubbly Nature, Show & Share Day at Just a Girl, Funky Fresh Friday at KoolBeenz, Friday Favorites at Inspiring Creations, Look at Me at It's Fun to Craft, Watcha Got Weekend at Lolly Jane Boutque, Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello, Sundae Scoop at I ♥ Naptime, Sunday Showcase Party at Under The Table & Dreaming, Think Pink Sunday at Flamingo Toes, Link Party at Bird's Party Blog, 4th Annual Party Party at My Insanity, CSI Project Birthday Party Challenge

Visit thecsiproject.com


23 comments:

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

Wow what an amazing party! Such a fun theme - I LOVE all the details! Thanks for sharing all the inspiration :)

Natalia Lynn said...

I love it! It is such a cute idea and it looks like it qll came together so nicely! I love seeing the finished project. Thanks for linking up!

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

Oh my goodness. What a special, special party. So colorful and HAPPY! Great ideas!

Jen @ My Own Road said...

So pretty! My friend is doing a paint party for her daughter's 2nd birthday. I'll have to point her in your direction for some ideas!

Erin said...

Your party is amazing! WOW! You did a fantastic job! It looks like it was a huge hit! And so colorful!!!

KayteeJane said...

Hi,
I just discovered your blog. I really like the art party idea. That rainbow cake looks great! I have 2 daughters that love art. This may be our next party idea. Thanks for sharing!
Katie

Sarah said...

What an amazing party! If only I had that much ambition...

Anonymous said...

What a lot of work you put into the party! I'm sure it is one they will always remember. The cake was perfect for the theme.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

What a fabulous party! I love all the neat activities you had planned. Thanks for linking up! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! You are a great mamma! This party is so great! I LOVE rainbows! Can I have a party like this? :)

Lindsey said...

What an awesome birthday party! Love the art theme! What a great idea.

Katie said...

I LOVE the art themed birthday party! If I were a kid I would have loved it--heck I'm an adult and would still love an art themed birthday party! I featured your party today on Sew Woodsy! Please stop by and grab a featured button!

angie said...

SUCH a great party!!! so many fun ideas!

angie said...

SUCH a great party!!! so many fun ideas!

Humble Bee said...

That will be some great memories for her for sure! Those Oreos look fun and exciting.
~Becki

Last Minute Mel said...

What a fun party! Love the art theme :)

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing all your great ideas! It looks like the kiddos had a blast, and your attention to detail is beautiful. We just had an art party as well, I think this might have been one of my favorite party we have had so far. www.housingaforest.com/art-birthday-party/

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

So fun!! Love the party favor envelopes, the dipped oreos and those chocolate dipped pretzels!
Looks like everyone had a fun (and messy!) time! : )

jen at paintcutpaste.com said...

i LOVE rainbow art parties! yours is FAB! we just had one in january for my 4 year old daughter. we did a swirly cake, as well as the 7 layered ROYGBIV cake... and frames for photos! check out our post on it on paintcutpaste.com. happy birthday!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, Wendy! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Creative Party Themes said...

I love all the fun bright colors you used in your decorations and food choices -- perfect for artistic inspiration! I also liked the idea of taking pictures of the kids with their faces in an empty frame. Perfect for keepsakes! We've posted some more art party ideas at Creative Party Themes. Come on by and take a peek!

Delhi Celebration said...

Very nice post for themed food and i hope now i can do a new idea in my birthday party Theme parties in Ghaziabad.

Beth said...

Hi I just saw this as I was preparing the favors for our art party. i want to use the frame idea, what size frame is that yellow one please?
thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...