Thursday, February 23, 2012

Garlic Biscuit Bites

The other night we had spagetti for dinner and were wanting some garlic bread or breadsticks. Sadly, we didn't have any. But we did have four cans of Grands biscuits that I had bought on sale. So I decided to try something new. I'm calling them Garlic Biscuit Bites (I don't claim to have created this idea, but it's new to us).

You will need:
1 can of Grands biscuits
garlic (we like 3 cloves, but you can change this to suit your taste)
1 1/2 sticks of butter or margarine

Preheat your oven to 350°. Spray a round or square baking dish with cooking spray. Then peel the garlic (ignore my well used cutting board!).

And dice. I like to use my Pampered Chef chopper for this.

Slice your butter/margarine so it melts faster. Then add the butter & garlic to a saucepan and set to medium heat.

While the butter is melting, separate the biscuits and cut each one into four pieces.

And place in your baking dish.

By now your butter should be nice and melted.

Coat your biscuits generously with the garlic butter mixture. Don't use it all though, reserve some to add when they come out of the oven. Pop them into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and done in the center.

Here they are fresh out of the oven.

And now finish them off with the rest of the garlic butter mixture and enjoy!

LinkLinkLinkLink
They are light and fluffy and full of flavor, without being a greasy, soggy mess. We all love them and have eaten them at least three times in the past two weeks.

Linked to: Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, Project Party Weekend at Bubbly Nature Creations, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Friday Favs at Nap Time Crafters, Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello, Delicately Constructed Friday at delicateCONSTRUCTION, Watcha Got Weekend at Lolly Jane Boutique, Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors, Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes, Sundae Scoop at I ♥ Naptime, Creative Bloggers Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime, Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming, Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife, Talent Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee, Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog, What We Wore & Made Wednesday at Rae Gun Ramblings, Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Look What I Made at Creations by Kara, What's Up Wednesday at Sew Woodsy

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Wendy, those look absolutely delicious!

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

These look super yummy! I'm pinning this! :)

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

You had me at butter...mmmm I pinned this one!!! :) Thanks for sharing!!!

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

And I just made these and they are SO GOOD! I roasted the garlic first and I can't stop eating them!

Justine said...

Stopping by from the Pink Sundays Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

Katy @ Lolly Linens said...

Wow does that ever look yummy! My mouth is watering. Thank you for sharing.

Tina said...

That looks so good! Definitely have to try that sometime. In fact I am going to be making spaghetti for dinner soon, so I think that will go perfect with it!

http://www.thejohnslife.com/BabycakesBlog/

Unknown said...

This looks so yummy! I need to try it.

Hannah said...

Visiting from the Serenity Now linky party! This looks absolutely amazing. I think my boyfriend would fall head over heals in love with this if I made it...if I didn't eat it all first!

patti west said...

Your garlic bites look delicious! I'm going to make them for my family too. Thank you! :)

Lisa Fliehman said...

Hi Wendy, these look delicious!!! I'm going to try really soon!! We are practically neighbors. I live in Plant City!! Come over to my blog and visit some time. I would love for you to link up to my Linky Party going on right now and starting every Sunday. www.thesweettalkshop.com

Kyra @ RACKS and Mooby said...

YUM! Pinning!

Rachel said...

These look delicious! I'd love for you to share at my linky party.
http://adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com/2012/02/terrific-tuesdays-4.html
Rachel

Mindie Hilton said...

Yummy! I would love for you to share your talent at my weekly fri-monday linky.

Unknown said...

What a great idea, definitely on my list to try!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, those look so good and I can smell them. I love any kind of garlic bread. Thanks for sharing these at Wow.

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Um, those just killed my diet, I must make them now:)

Kim said...

Hi Wendy! Love your sweet blog and that bread looks delish! I'm here from Kim's party and I'm your newest follower. Pop over for a visit sometime!
xoxo,
Kim

Terry said...

This sounds so yummy! I'd so love if you would come over and link this up at Sunday Blog Love! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

AnthonyySilvio said...

These came out really soggy. I'd use less butter next time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...