Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rainbow Bowl


Years ago (9 or so), I got my mother in law something called a Fill A Bowl. I think I first saw it on QVC, then later in Michael's. She loves kitchen stuff, and I thought it was neat. Since then, I've used it for nearly every birthday. The whole thing is made up of clear cavities and you can fill it with anything that will fit. Here it is leftover from a previous birthday.





Removing the old colors...



Now it's ready to stuff. (the bottom circle pops off)



Like I said, you can use anything that will fit. But I prefer to use crepe paper. It's cheap, easy to clean up and comes in basically any color you need.



I just cut a length off, then cut each length into four strips. And begin stuffing.



Ta-da! Here it is done up for the rainbow party. As you can see, the number of spaces didnt work out evenly with the rainbow colors, so I doubled up a purple. This is the top looking in.









And the bottom. You won't see this when it's full of chips, but I stuff it anyway.



Let's just hope I can get this all finished by Sunday!
Linked to:
Hookin Up With HoH at House of Hepworths
Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now
Catch As Catch Can at My Repurposed Life
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
I'm Crafty Party at So You Think You're Crafty
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello
Show & Share Day at Just a Girl

15 comments:

Kelli W said...

What a cool bowl! It looks so awesome with the rainbow colors in it!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

This is going to be one awesome party. Love all the colors.

a moderate life said...

Hi Wendy! this is such a cute idea! I have seen these filled with M&Ms but I like your idea way better!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I've never seen a bowl like that before...way cool! Love that you can fill it to fit the theme. :) Very cute, Wendy!

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I remember those bowls from years back. Love the idea of using it for the rainbow party. My daughter is having a rainbow party for her next birthday (um, in December...) so I'm accumulating lots of ideas! :)

~ Sarah

Paula@SweetPea said...

I don't remember these but I really like the idea. If I ever see something like this at a thrift shop, I'm definitely getting it.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

that's a really neat bowl!

gail

@pril said...

I really like this. I like all things Rainbow!

Toqua's Crafts said...

What an awesome bowl! I love your theme "Rainbow Colors"!!

I'm passing along the Rainbow Slush to my daughter!

Visiting from Repurposed Life.

JK&Elle said...

That is so pretty that I would hate to fill it with anything. :)

Joe said...

I have one of these bowls but I haven't seen it in ages. Off to find it...

Ed3712 said...

Do you know where you can still get these bowls? Been looking everywhere!

Ed3712 said...

Do you know where you can still get these bowls? Been looking everywhere!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

The only thing I can suggest is maybe Ebay? Possibly Amazon? I haven't looked myself, but I know I haven't seen them in any stores in a very long time. I did get lucky and find one at an estate sale one day.

sammy said...

Amazon has them but no but wont sell them ????? I really want one. I one years ago and I can use this at the weddings I do. Please if anyone is willing to sell theirs let me buy it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...