Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Weekend Finds

As I mentioned yesterday, here are some photos of what we found over the weekend. Mike picked this out. It is made into a shelf, but it looks like a real washboard to me. I just googled it, and apparently they still make them. So who knows how old it is, if at all (http://www.columbuswashboard.com/). We have yet to decide where to hang it.



Here is a shot of the inside. Can you imagine packing one of these into your suitcase to do your laundry?



I found these shoe stretchers at the same place. I just loved the color! I just have them sitting on my end table right now. I found the plate at the Catholic Thrift on Saturday. I love the colors and patterns! It's from Canonsburg Pottery and the pattern is called Temporama. I googled it also, and saw several of these plates for $8-$10. I paid a quarter! I would love to find some more of this pattern! I have never seen it before, have you?


Here is a closer shot of the pattern.


Have you found anything good lately?

6 comments:

please sir said...

Such great finds - LOVE the plate!

Shara said...

I have a washboard just like that, but mine is still just a washboard. I found a cool old apron today and a few other goodies. The thrill of the hunt is fun, right?

Unknown said...

I love the washboard. I think it strange that people would want to put it in the lavatory though.

Sarah and Jack said...

Haha, just what I always wanted to carry around in my suitcase.

Amy Marie said...

Wow love that pattern too.. and I agree in all my garage saling and such I've never seen it!

Anonymous said...

My daughter snagged an extensive set of these dishes from my mother-in-law who was sending them to a mission in South America. (It probably would have cost a mint to ship them there - they are pretty heavy) The motif has kind of a cosmic/atomic vibe to it. She was able to buy bowls which coordinated nicely at Ikea. Thanks so much for providing me with the name, as they are unmarked on the back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...