Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finished Projects


Layla has decided she wants to be a witch for Halloween this year (it's never too early to start thinking about costumes when you're four, right?). I love the look of the tutu costumes, so I decided I will attempt to make her costume this year. I googled how to do it, and decided I would give it a test run. I had this tulle and some elastic already, so I gave it a shot. It isn't the prettiest thing ever, but it gave me some practice and an idea on how much tulle I need and how long it needs to be.



Next up, remember this? It became a chalkboard, courtesy of Mike. I chipped off the top layer of warped wood, he sanded, primed and painted it. Now I just have to find somewhere to put it.



This started out life as a mirror (thrift shop find). And I had intended to keep it that way. That is, until Pumpkin took a flying leap onto my kitchen table and sent the mirror crashing to the floor. I thought the frame was cute though, and decided to keep it until I came up with something. I found the corkboard at the thrift, ripped off its frame and cut it up. A little fabric, some buttons & plain tacks, and we have this. Now I just need to find another frame to make one for Blake.




I joined Artsy Mama's Sweet & Sinister Swap this year, and when I saw this tutorial, I knew I wanted to try it. As you can see, I have some issues with them all hanging the correct way!



The ones she made had black lace, but I didnt have any the right size. I did, however, have some vintage orange lace. And since I decorate in more black & orange than black & white, I went ahead with it. It also gave me the change to use some of the glass glitter I purchased from Andrea. I like the way it turned out! (I chose this phrase because we have a talking candy dish that says this, and we always end up saying this over and over during Halloween).











So, have you made anything lately?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute stuff, all of it! I love the shape of the frame for the blackboard, and the white oval frame is perfect as a cork board! Your tag garland turned out great. (psst, I always have problems getting them to lay the right way too! LOL)

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh my goodness...such great creative ideas! Love them all! Cute, cute, cute tags! And what a perfect costume idea!!! The tutu skirt turned out great! I am trying to stir up my creative juices again...just making yo-yo bags over here.
Have a great day!
Kim

please sir said...

Lovely costume and that chalkboard is amazing! Thanks for your living comment - your town sounds wonderful!

bahama97 said...

So creative!! I love your ideas!

Joy said...

Oh my, this was a post of a multitude of goodies! Fun finds, cute fabric, terrific tag project, too too cute tutu, and wonderful frames turned into chalkboard and corkboard.
You are a woman with many talents!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, congrats on getting the house!! I've seen how much work you've done to it with all the pictures you've shown, and I know this means a lot to you!

--Lani

Melissa said...

Oh, that pink in the oval frame is to die for~darling!!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Super, super cute. Love the chalkboard but not as much as I love the tags. Those are fabulous! I think I should make me some of those. Let's see, that should make project number #2,348. :)

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

PS: Where did you find that tutorial? I missed something and am not seeing it.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I love your banner!!! And that saying is radical! Love all your other projects too! Thanks for linking up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...