Monday, July 28, 2008

Free Junk

Do you remember the Daffodils I brought home from Virginia? Well, this is all that is left of them. This weekend, I was cleaning out the big tub that they had been in, when I found clay. All that I could salvage was this little bit. Layla thought it was pretty neat, Blake didn't seem to care much. I decided to make a little pinch pot to see if it would dry out, and it did! Pretty pathetic looking though, huh?

I always read about all the wonderful things everyone else finds sitting out with the garbage. And as much as I look as I am driving by, I never see anything but garbage! But Saturday, I finally found something! I noticed this little table sitting by the side of the road and liked the shape. So I went to get a closer look.


Poor thing hasn't had much love, as you can see. It looks like it's been kept outside, but I love the shape of the legs! It looks like it used to be an end table, the top broke off when I put it in the trunk. And the very bottom of one foot broke too. So obviously it isnt going to be used to a table! I already have an idea in mind for that smaller piece leaning up against it. No ideas for the table yet though.

Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Natasha said...

Hmm I too had a thought for the leaning piece...Lets see for the table you could refinish it of course- put it on a porch- you could paint it contrasting the details with different colors. Another idea depending on what shape it is in, is to remove the top and replace it with an old window- its a really cute look. Can't wait to see what you decide.

Kim's Treasures said...

I thought the table would look nice painted and put in the garden or on the porch. I never find anything in the trash either!
Have a good day!
Kim

please sir said...

Love the little clay pot! Nice table find - paint it white!

Kim said...

Great finds . Gotta love free stuff. For the table umm you could make a game table for the kids. Paint on a checker board ( or any other game board), maybe some chalk board paint.

Anonymous said...

It's always fun finding things that other had tossed out. Except my husband hates it. No ideas at the moment, sorry. xoxo, Joanna

Sarah and Jack said...

What is the thing in front of the table? hard to tell from the photo?

bahama97 said...

I love to see all the goodies you find. I like the idea of a game table for the kids if you could repair the one leg.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...