Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Finds

We had a few errands to run this morning... Post offfice, Publix, 7-11 for our free Slurpees... and at the last minute, I decided to stop at the thrift. I have really been jonesin' to go yardsaling, but that really doesnt sound reasonable in the near 100° Florida days, alone with three kids. No thanks! But I did find a couple things.


This pretty pillowcase.


I hardly ever find books I want to read, but I had wanted to read this, so when I saw it for a quarter, I thought, why not?



I have trouble passing up decent frames, since they can be used for so many things, so I picked these two up (will be painted before use!).


And this one (will NOT be painted!).



Pyrex! It seems like it's been awhile since I found any, so here ya go. I know not everyone likes this pattern, but it's what my mother had and it reminds me of her.



I actually picked up this awhile back, but had forgotten about it. It was only a dollar and the original price tag on the bottom says $19.99! It needs some paint, but not sure what color. The good old standby, white? Or something more fun? The pretty blue from out metal table? I'm not even sure where I'm going to put this yet, I only have one. Our living room is pretty much beige and sage green. I would like to give it a change, too. But it will have to wait. It would involve slipcovers & all that, and we just dont have the funds for a major redo yet. But I am keeping an eye out for coffee tables, etc. We have had the same furniture for the entire 9 years we have been together, I'm growing kind of tired of them! So anyway, what do you think about the colors?



And probably the best find of the week, courtesy of Mike. A dishwasher!! I imagine our kitchen is pretty much the way it was when the house was built in 1962, with the exception of a different layer of linoleum flooring and a different cooktop. But it's definetly outdated, and there is no dishwasher. We knew that, but wanted the place anyway. But two years of handwashing ALL the dishes, and I'm tired of it! He found this on Craigslist for $100. I cant wait till it's installed, even though I'm losing precious cabinet space. It doesnt match our other appliances, but heck they dont match each other. We have a white fridge from the early 2000's, a black glass cooktop & a beige oven from the 1960's. So maybe someday down the road, when we get to redo the kitchen, we'll get matching appliances. But for now, they work! Besides, with our UGLY cabinets, even fancy, top of the line stainless couldnt help!



What did you find today?

6 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Very nice treasures...love the white shabby frame and the Pyrex. I went searching for some the other day but notta!

Have a great day! Enjoy your dishwasher!

Kim

Anne - Mommy Has to Work said...

We had a great day yardsailing!
I got 3 books for my son for 1.50( i'm saving them for christmas) a xylophone for my daughter for 2.00 and a baby stroller for 1.50, a mirror and brush set for .50(again wait for christmas)and multiplaction flash ccards for .50 my son will be starting the third grade in august


Thanks for visiting my site.

Amy Marie said...

It's one of my favorite books Wendy!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Ok, I have been looking for a pillow case like that for soooooo long, and so far nothing has turned up. I thought it would be so cute to turn it into a dress for Emily... I'll keep looking though!

The dishwasher looks like an awesome find! I think all of our appliances are from different decades, so I know what you mean. Great finds!

Felicia said...

Well you know I love that pillow case with all its fluffy flowers goodness :) Most of my linens are vintage in mismatched floral. I kind of like it that way because I have a riot of flowers surrounding me in bed :)

Jodi Nelson said...

i have that same pillowcase! and i love that pyrex dish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...