Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Art Party Goody Bags


I know it's been awhile since I shared anything about the art party, but I still have a few things I wanted to blog about. So next up are the goody bags. I started with white glassine bags.


The goodies included a painted pencil, a glitter glue pen, a mini chalkboard, some white chalk, a piece of sidewalk chalk, a lollipop, a piece of Painterz gum, a stamp and some fun dough.


I found these little chalkboards at Michael's. They are adhesive backed, so they can be used as stickers, but I decided to punch holes in them and string them from some yarn. I wrote "thanks for coming" on each one before putting them in the bags.


Since the white bags are pretty plain, I decided to add some color with paint chips from Walmart.


I chopped off the more pastel colors, so they would be more vibrant and also so they would fit the bags better.


And in the corner of each paint chip, I used a punch to create a decorative "splat".


I didn't want the leftover paint chips to go to waste, so I dug out a round punch and created some confetti for the tables.


To close them all up I folded the tops over and attached the paint chips with some hot glue.

And there you have it! I think they turned out really cute. I like how they're colorful and match the theme, but are still simple.

Linked to: Friday Favs at Naptime Crafters, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Delicately Constructed Friday at delicateCONSTRUCTION, Friday Favorites at Inspiring Creations, Show & Share Day at Just a Girl, Catch-as-Catch-Can at My Repurposed Life, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home

8 comments:

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

So fun! I love how you used the paint chips as confetti too!

Saw you at Serenity Now and wanted to pop over and see the art bags. :)

Have a good weekend!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

These really are cute! I love how everything fits the theme beautifully.
xoxo,
Amy

~Iffy~ @ StayAtHomeNation said...

What a great bag full of neat stuff! Stopping by from the Serenity Now party! I would love for you to come link this up to my Favorite Things Party going on all week =D
~Iffy~
www.stayathomenation.blogspot.com

sarah@homeismore said...

Stopping By from SAS Day. Very cute idea!

brooke said...

LOVE IT!!! Any luck on the carrots? The jerks are not growing for me

Andrea . Charcoal and Crayons said...

What great art goody bags and so clever! I love the paint chip confetti too!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

what a fun goody bag! Love it, especially the m&m's. hahaha
super job,
gail

Colleen Miller said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Tooo cute I just love all your ideas and creations!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...