Saturday, October 3, 2009

What I Found This Week

First, I want to thank all of you that have stopped by my paint party! I'm glad to hear I wasnt the only one who went a little crazy in my color choices.



Early this morning, my sister in law called to tell me that the lady across from her was having a yardsale, and had some baby toys. Morgie is needing some bigger toys, so decided to go check it out. I stopped at 2 others between here and there. I found these cute Fisher Price animals for her.


I found this sugar jar at the newly located "Crappy Thrift". It's no too crappy anymore. Much nicer, brighter & bigger area now. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it...

Because it goes perfectly with my coffee jar!



Another insulator, this one is bigger than the previous ones I have found. Such a pretty aqua color. I wish I could put these in my bathroom window so the light could shine through, but I'm afraid my cats would knock them down.



Now I rarely, if ever, get clothes from yard sales or thrift shops. I just never really find any I like. But I found a couple cute things at the crappy thrift. These are for Morgie. That little dress is from Old Navy.



I found a couple things for Layla, too. Like this Lilly Pulitzer dress.



And this cute little dress. It seems kind of short, might have to get some leggings. (I still cant believe those things are back in style).



Since I started blogging, I see all these adorable projects using felted wool. Now I'm sure living in Florida has something to do with this, but I NEVER find wool sweaters here. But I found two. The little one will fit Morgie in winter, but I dont know about her wearing it. It's so itchy feeling. So these will probably get felted. QUESTION... is it best to take them apart before felting?



The little thing on top of the sweaters in the top photo is a nut cracker. Why do we need one of those?



Our pecans are finally ready! This is the 3rd year we've been here with them in season, but the first we have been able to get any. I guess having 7 cats outside has its benefits.



Better run, the kids are dying to get the Halloween stuff out. Have a good one!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey chick!! Love the jars! so cute with the words one them! hugs

toodles-
Sarah

Decor To Adore said...

Oh you really found some great deals. I love the jars.

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

What a find with that LP dress.

If you're going to make felted wool, keep it intact...you don't know how much it's going to shrink!

Unknown said...

Hey Wendy. You really did great today. By the way I love your pumpkins on your banner ~ would you say your a Gator fan? Adorable outfits and toys for the kids. I grew up with pecan trees and really miss having them. None at my house now.
Have a blessed weekend...Tracy :)

Kim's Treasures said...

Great finds! Pretty sweaters for felting!

Anonymous said...

Great finds! My favorite is the sugar jar, I love it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

We have those animals. My little dude loves them!

Sarah said...

Like someone else mentioned already, felt the sweaters as is, then cut them apart after felting. Remember you need to use hot, hot water and a hot dryer. (And it might not work very well if your washer is a front loader, not enough agitation.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...