Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Sneek Peak & a Plea for Help

Sorry for the lag in posting! I have things I want to share but we've been so busy. It seems like there is so much going on right now. I think I need a break! Thankfully, we are going on vacation, starting tonight! We like leaving at night so the traffic isnt so bad and the kids are sleeping. But as soon as we come back from vacation I've got to get busy with Layla's birthday party.

Anyway. Even though I'm not decorating for Easter this year (we will be back in time, but what's the point of decorating now?) I decided to join in on the Eggstra Fun Egg Swap, hosted by Shara from Monkeybox. It was kind of a last minute decision, and then I got completely stuck on what to make. But I finally came up with something. Here is a little sneek peak. Yes, it took a lot of thread!


And now my plea for help. I guess the combination of Morgan's birthday last month and everything else going on, I havent done much for Layla's party. I did finally decide on some invitations though. This is what they will look like. I found them on Etsy, the seller is Dimpleprints. Arent they cute?


However, these invitations are really all I have. Although I did save the pom poms from Morgans' party last month to reuse. I tried looking on Etsy and Flickr for ideas. Oh, by the way, the theme is Ice Cream! I guess the colors are pink and blue. Possibly purple. Or yellow. Or green. I get different answers every time I ask her. Either I dont know how to search on Flickr, or I'm just not having any luck. So while I'm away, could you share some ice cream birthday ideas with me? I would really appreciate it!

4 comments:

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Are you having a make-your-own ice cream sundae buffet? Those are always fun!

alanna rose said...

I love planning kids parties!
Have you ever made cupcakes in ice cream cones? That would a fun alternative to a traditional cake. How about making ice cream sundae barrettes as a craft? (not sure of her age, but it could work) I'm thinking you would use pom pom balls, glitter for sprinkles and grab a few of the little tasting spoons from Baskin Robins to really make them cute. Or you could play "Pin the Cherry on the Sundae." Just a few ideas for you :)

Rebecca said...

I got my eggs today! I love it! I bet it took forever to wrap them! Would you make them again? I would like to try some but I'm sooo lazy lately lol. I'm so glad you joined the swap!

roseylittlethings said...

A sundae buffet for sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...