Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Layla's 6th Birthday Party (Ice Cream Party!)

After a week of completely stressing out about this party (that's what I get for waiting till the last minute, right?), the big party day finally arrived! Here again are the invitations, courtesy of Dimpleprints.







I knew I wanted to make an ice cream shop sign. Pleas excuse my lettering, I'm no painter! I'm sure the fact that it was probably about 3:00 am when I did this, didn't help.




When I made Morgan's cake topper, she told me she wanted one, too. I did this dress different and I think she turned out cute. Thankfully, when I made Morgan's, I had painted more than one doll. Otherwise, she might not have turned out so well! The ice cream cone is a $1.00 eraser from Joanns.






I didnt want to spend a ton of money on party favors (I never do!) and I hate buying junky cheap stuff that will just get thrown away. So I decided on making ice cream cone crayons. It was my first time doing them this way, and they turned out great!





I also whipped up a bright, colorful bunting. I love the colors on this. These were the pre-packaged fat quarters from Joanns when they were on sale for $.99 each. I used these fabrics again both in the cake topper dress and a t-shirt I made for her to wear.




Since it's pretty warm out and I didnt want the ice cream to turn into a soupy mess, I made up this little menu sign so the kids could choose their flavors. I'm sure I could have made this a lot cuter, but this wasnt done until the day of the party!




Finally, the main event! The sundae bar! TONS of toppings here... bananas, cake & sugar cones, sprinkles of all kinds, crushed Oreos, peanuts, strawberry sauce, marshmallows, chocolate, caramel & strawberry syrup, gummi bears, M&Ms and cherries. Even some of that stuff that hardens into a shell when you put it on the ice cream.






Check out this hungry herd!





Before I forget (I almost did!), here is the t-shirt I made her. I found this t-shirt on clearance in the toddler section of Walmart (it's a 5T!) for $2.50. Six scoops for 6 years!


And for some of the other details. I whipped up some more candy covered marshmallows.




And pretzels.




Cupcakes, too!




And you can't forget the cake! The cones are really just decorative. They are cut in half and I put a few marshmallows in just to use less frosting (I was getting low!).





Check out the inside!





Make a wish, big girl!




Finally, a little after party fun in the bounce house.





I think it turned out pretty good, and I'm glad it's over! No more parties until September! At least Blake already knows what he wants. I can keep an eye out for stuff during the coming months. His party will be football themed. I just don't know if he wants a generic football theme, or to use Cowboy colors, since that's the team he plays for.


Anyway, hopefully now I can get some household projects done. Have a good one!


13 comments:

alanna rose said...

What a fun party - the birthday girl looks really happy :)

Good job!

SkinnyMeg said...

What a rockstar party!!!! I love the cake, ice cream cone crayons, shirt, and well everything! Awesome job!

roseylittlethings said...

Love it! I love the t shirt and sooo need to make some crayons now!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE everything! The shirt you made is SO pretty--I love the colors & fabrics you chose! The cake is just darling--I love how you used the cones on the sides with the pink & blue frosting out the top. And the cake topper is so cute! Great party!!

Rebecca said...

I love it! I love all the fun sunny colors and the crayons are so cute!! What a great idea. I bet the kids had a fabulous time and I'm sure Layla was grinning from ear to ear all day. :) LOVE the t-shirt! I need one in big girl size lol

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

great party! I'm planning an ice cream party for my daughter's second birthday, so thanks for the good ideas!

dimpleprints said...

Your party turned out darling! Love the shirt & the cone cakes!
Carli-DimplePrints

restlessrisa said...

I just thought I would look at the rest of your blog after seeing your ice cream shirt post, and this party is darling! I LOVE the cake topper doll! Too cute :)

<3

Risa

Nicole A. said...

Love it!!! You did an awesome job!! All the details are great, love the ice cream idea, how fun!! Those crayons are too cute and such a fun favor!!

Jane said...

What an awesome birthday theme! Every thing was so custom and personal. I especially loved the cake! I'll have to remember that cone trick!

Jane said...

I love this! I am in the middle of planning an ice cream party for my twins in two weeks. I think I need some of those crayons!

Ash said...

Thank you so much for posting about this cute party! Could you tell me where you got the molds to make the crayons? That is such a brilliant idea! Thanks!

ashlie.fackrell@gmail.com

I {heart} Nap Time said...

Oh my goodness what a cute party! Love the ice cream cones.. so cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...