Monday, February 15, 2010

Birthday Prep




Somehow, almost a whole year has managed to pass. Which means Morgan is turning one in 15 days. And that also means Im in full party planning mode. I decided not to use a commercial theme for her party. I've decided to go with a birdie theme.



The colors are a little muted, it was overcast tonight, but here are her invitations:




I'm planning on making her a little tutu. Ive already ordered her a pair of bloomers from Etsy. I'm not 100% thrilled with this shade of green, but it was either this, or lime green.



I'm kind of nervous about this... the bunting. It seems easy enough looking at other peoples'. I just hope it's really that easy for me!



Here's a few of the goodies I found at Michaels to decorate with.



And I found this cute little drink dispenser for $6 at Walmart. Isnt it cute? Its plastic, but I think it looks just as nice as the fancy glass apothecary jar types.



And now I need some help. I usually have no problems with parties, but for some reason, I'm having trouble with this one. I have a couple of problems actually.

#1. What to do for party favors? There will only be possibly 4 girls at this party. Ages 1, 3, 4 & 5. The rest will be boys ages 6-9. I thought about maybe homemade marshmallows or decorated sugar cookies, but I'm not really sure.


#2. What to do to keep them entertained? I thought about a bounce house since Morgie could get in it, but I dont know. Maybe a craft?


#3. I need a good pink punch or lemonade recipe for that cute little dispenser above. I think I'm leaning more towards lemonade, but I'm open to both. I just want it to taste good & not need pebble ice!


So, can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute invitation! I love those birdies with the curly feather tails. For favors, Could you do dipped marshmallows on a stick? You take a big marshie and poke a sucker stick into the bottom. Then you dip it in melted chocolate (you could even use those colored melt things and do pink) and then coat with sprinkles. Put them in one of those little sucker bags, tie with a ribbon and that's it! I think those would look cute in white chocolate with pink and green sprinkles!

Kim's Treasures said...

OMG I LOVE everything for the party! LOVE the jar from Walmart...I WANT one now!!!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh my gosh, Wendy...I love the theme. It is going to be a wonderful party. Maybe you could put on a little "puppet show" to fill some time? ...about a little bird???

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Those are the cutest little birds! And your invitations are too cute.
Thanks for stopping by!

Amy Marie said...

Beautiful decorations!

Gordostyle said...

Love it all! What about birdseed for them to throw out for the birdies in your neighborhood? You could all go out there together and throw it for the birds. And you could make sugar cookies in bird shapes and have them frost them. ??? My head is going to be spinning with things a brewin' all day about this! Such fun!

Gordostyle said...

Ok... one more thing... you could put the bird seed in ice cream cones. ??? Or would the little ones try to eat them?

Oh one more - one more thing: You could take pinecones and put peanut butter on them and then dip them in birdseed and everyone could take them home to hang in their own tree for the birdies to munch off.

Ok... I'll shut up now. :o)

Gordostyle said...

Crud... I just can't keep still about this. How about bird houses? They could paint their own... I think you can get cheap ones from Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

And what about bird houses as decor for the party too? Wire caged ones are cheap at Hob Lob. Heck you could even put the birdseed in cute little bags and put them in side the wire cages for the favors.

Ok... I'll move on now. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...