Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Recap

Seems like everyone is sharing their 4th of July fun, so I thought I would, too. I usually buy the kids a shirt, but this year we decided to try tie dye. They look great, right? Too bad they faded to pink! Disappointing, but the kids still liked them, even Blake.


I really don't have any decorations for the 4th, so I whipped up this banner.



Of course, we had lots of yummy food... hot dogs, hamburgers, pulled pork with homemade BBQ sauce... I also made the Snickers cake and this cake, thanks to Make It & Love It. I made their frosting & decorated it their way, but used this method for the layers. I liked it better without the frosting through the blue.







We also did the rainbow pudding pops that I have been seeing around some other blogs, only we did red, white & blue.



There was fun in the pool. (And rain, almost ALL day).



And little red cars.




Cute, curly haired babies.



Chasing falling bottle rockets (please no negative comments regarding safety!)



Cornhole games.



Cupcake thievery.



And of course, sparklers!





And front yard fireworks (thanks to my hubby for getting drenched shooting these off!)







I hope you & your family had a great holiday!!

4 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Looked like a great holiday weekend to me! Fun and food! Your kids are growing fast!

Unknown said...

Your cake turned out so great! I saw that and thought about trying it but I went with red & white striped cupcakes instead. They were a total pain--I should have gone with my first instinct! Any tips in case I try the flag cake next year?

It rained here too. Poured, actually!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love those t-shirts!!! :) Thanks so much for the visit today! :)

Kirsty Girl said...

Looks like you had a great holiday!
I love the shirts... I really must tie-dye some stuff again one day! So much fun!... And they match your pudding pops!... even though I have no idea what one of those is... I'm guessing some American form of ice cream maybe?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...