Friday, June 15, 2012

Fabric Covered Photo Mats

 I have been slowly trying to update our living room, adding more photos and more color. This project was quick and easy, and took care of both. I always have spare frames on hand, and I also had a leftover photo mat in a boring beige.  So I gathered my supplies:


A frame, a mat, some fabric, a print (in this case, it's a card), scissors and iron-on adhesive. 

 Cut the fabric a little larger than your mat. 

 Iron on the adhesive according to package directions. 

  Then start folding over the edges and ironing, until they are all stuck down firmly. 

 Next cut out the center and repeat the last step. If you cut a straight line into each corner, it makes folding easier. 


Now your mat is covered!

 

Now add your photo or print and reassemble. Simple, quick and free!

Linked to: Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...