Thursday, April 28, 2011

Painted Pencils


When trying to decide what to put in the goody bags for Layla's art party, I knew I wanted some sort of pencil. They are inexpensive & duh, you use them to draw! :). Usually I would grab a pack at the Dollar Tree, but I decided to try something different this time. And FREE. (Free as in, I already had everything!).


The pencils were picked up during back to school sales for very cheap. I had the acrylic paints & saran wrap as well.


We squirted each color of paint in random places in the box. (we actually had to switch boxes because the pencils were getting stuck in the middle of that box).


Then Layla dropped the pencils in and shook them!




I laid them on saran wrap to dry since they would be easy to remove if they stuck.




And there you have it! Simple, inexpensive and fun. And the possibilities are endless! You could do red & green for Christmas, black & orange for Halloween, pastels for Easter, pink & red for Valentine's Day... I just the basics since it was an art theme.

And don't forget to enter the Doodlebug Design giveaway!

Linked to:
Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Made By Little Hands Monday at delicateCONSTRUCTION, Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Talent Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee, Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife, Link Party #52 at Tea Rose Home, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Whassup Wednesday at Elements Interiors, What's Up Wednesday at Sew Woodsy, Inspired By You Wednesday at Eisy Morgan, Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Design, Look What I Made at Creations by Kara, Hookin Up With HoH at House of Hepworths, Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage, Friday Favs at Nap Time Crafters

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog from American Crafter. (I think...) I really like this idea! It's so easy and I have all the supplies on hand! My sister is a teacher so these would be fun for her class! :) Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to many fun posts!

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Very cool idea! I'll have to make some for my classroom :) I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party! It lasts all week!

Unknown said...

I saw you over at Sew Woodsy! Great post and as usual a great idea!

Happy Mother's Day Sweetie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...