Saturday, June 4, 2011

Firecracker Slush




With summer pretty much here, I've started thinking about the 4th of July. I never really decorate too much, but I always do something food related. Every year I make a Snicker's Cake, and last year I also did one that looked like a flag inside when you cut it. Even though it's not the 4th yet, I decided to give something new a try. Something inspired by the Rainbow Slush.


You need the same ingredients. Frozen ice pops (something with white), dishes to put them in (these are single serving size), a bowl & a fork.


Freeze the pops, then seperate your red, white & blue colors.


I forgot a picture of just the blue, but crush your pop in the bowl and then add the blue to your dishes. Then repeat with white and red. If you pops are soft enough, you may be able to just pour them straight into the dish. But then you also run the chance of the colors blending.




Here is it after the addition of the red. Isn't it cute?


Then if you like, you can add your choice of garnish. Here I used a lollipop stick & a pompom.


Now kick back & enjoy! (I wonder if the adults could add vodka to these? LOL!)


Do you have any projects or recipes planned for the 4th?

Linked to: Creative Bloggers Party at Homemaker On a Dime, Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming, Sundae Scoop at I ♥ Naptime, Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Monday Linky Party at Dimple Prints, Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog, Tasty Tuesday at 33 Shades of Green, Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Idea Sharing Wednesday at Women Who Do It All, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Design, Inspired By You Wednesday at Eisy Morgan, Hookin Up With HoH at House of Hepworths, Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, I'm Crafty Party at So You Think You're Crafty, Catch-As-Catch-Can at My Repurposed Life, Delicately Constructed Friday at delicateCONSTRUCTION, Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello, Show & Share Day at Just a Girl







23 comments:

Stephanie R. said...

I LOVE this! So easy, and awesome looking! Oh and something my kids could help with.

Unknown said...

I love your slushes!!! How long do they last in the FL sun though?

Create With Joy said...

I love your project and love patriotic-themed food projects! I have done a few in the past and, time permitting, hope to share a few this year at Create With Joy!

Have a fabulous week!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Wendi @ Project Purple said...

I will HAVE to try this!
Thanks for sharing on the Creative Blogger's Party & Hop! Your newest follower,
www.project-purple.blogspot.com

Jenn Erickson said...

Visiting from the Creative Bloggers Party & Hop over at Create with Joy!

I love this cool and patriotic treat! The pompom stir stick is adorable too!

So pleased to "meet" you!

New follower,
Jenn/Rook No. 17

Carmella said...

I had to come over and check this out from the creative bloggers party @ homemaker on a dime...they look so yummy my kids are going to love them! Thanks for sharing

Abbey D. said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing at DimplePrints!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

This is an awesome idea!!
New fan here...(also in FL - Orlando)

love your site!

Debbie Corbari said...

OH.My.WORD! I can think of about 10 kids that would FLIP OUT over these!!! What a fabulous idea!! TFS!
(found you on TCB!)

MomLaur said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This is sooooo cute!!! What a great, simple idea!

I host a weekly Friday link party I would love you to join if you are interested!

Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Holiday Snob said...

That looks so good! Thanks for sharing!!! Just pinned it!

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun...and easy too {I love easy}. I would love for you to participate in my Red, White & Blue Roundup with this...you can find the details on my sidebar {ignore the info about reposting}.

Jessica
http://myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

This looks so fun! My kids would love this drink.
Little Wonders' Days

Jamie said...

The kids are gonna love this! Great idea!!!

Chef in Training said...

YUM! This looks great! and refreshing! MMM! I found your blog through a link party and i LOVE it! I love making new blog friends! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Leslie said...

So fun and so simple! Thanks for the great idea!

Dawn said...

we're usually camping on the 4th but will be home this year and may be having a picnic-the kids will love this! what a neat idea-love that it's so easy too!

brooke said...

My Lily saw this and is DEMANDING it. Stat. I do love this idea. Promise I'll link to you if we do it.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I didn't even know you could get white slushes! What a fantastic treat. Thanks!

Unknown said...

These are great!!! Definitely something the kids could make for everyone too!

came over from tatertots and jello!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ooo--love the idea of adding vodka...delish! Would get me through the day if I knew I'd get to try one. ;)

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party, and for linking back (I appreciate that!). Stop by Serenity Now again soon! :)

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Wendy - Love this idea - so brilliant! I'll to remember this the next get together - fantastic way to fancy up a treat. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I am a little behind commenting - but I have featured this last week. Hope you are having a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...