Thursday, January 24, 2013

Yarn Wreaths

Unfortunately, I have not been crafting regularly. And I miss it! December had me focused on getting everything bought & wrapped and finishing up my math class, and then Christmas came, followed by our vacation. Now I'm back in school taking college algebra and anatomy & physiology I. It's a tough semester. Hopefully I can find some time to craft, and soon. In the mean time, I'm going to share a few wreaths I managed to sqeeze in back in November & December.

You might recognize the rainbow wreath at the top of this post. It's not new, but since I posted it, it's been pinned quite a bit on Pinterest, and I've read a lot of  comments mentioning making it for other holidays, etc. So I decided to copy myself. This gold one above I made for Thanksgiving.


Then in December, I joined at Christmas Swap hosted by Crystal at Little Bit Funky. I wanted to send something handmade to my partner, so I decided to make another wreath. I started again with the rainbow wreath as inspiration, but ended up not copying it 100%. 

She decorates with traditional Christmas colors, which I somewhat do as well (I really loves blues & bright colors though), but it was kind of hard for me to work with these colors. The red glittery sticks were part of a Christmas pick from Michael's.

I had purchased these little trees at the thrift, but didn't like the gold bases. So I covered them with some silver glitter.

After I shared photos of that wreath on Facebook, my sister in law mentioned she wanted one. So I got busy making another. This time I used the white Christmas wreath as inspiration. This time I added a small white pearl to the center of each flower, and added a chipboard deer glittered white. I also tied a bit of red twine around his neck. Sadly, this is the only picture I took of it!

(I apologize that it's crooked. I didn't notice when I was taking the photo!). Then I decided it was time for another one for me. But it was so close to Christmas (like, Christmas Eve), that I decided I'd go ahead and just make it more of a winter theme. So I used this pretty aqua yarn.

And I bleached a few trees and glittered their bases. And this was as far as I got. I was playing around with adding a brown glittery chipboard deer, felt flowers, snowflakes... but I couldn't decide. I thought maybe if I left it alone for awhile, it would come to me. But it still hasn't. And it hardly feels like winter most of the time here anyway. It's been in the upper 70's/low 80's quite a bit. So it seems almost silly to make a winter wreath!

Any suggestions for finishing this thing? Or should I just put it away until next year and worry about it then?

Linked to: I'm Crafty Party at So You Think You're Crafty, Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Delicately Constructed Friday at delicateCONSTRUCTION, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush, Friday Favs at Naptime Crafters, Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello, Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime, Creative Bloggers Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime

3 comments:

R's Rue said...

Love this!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

kraftykash said...

Add some snowflakes above the trees :)

My Repurposed Life said...

love them all, but that first one is sooo darn sweet! love the little bunting!
gail

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...