Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas 2012


 I guess instead of doing two posts about Christmas, I'll condense it into one. We left for North Carolina the day after Christmas, or I would have posted sooner! We had two trees this year, the one above is our family tree.

 We spent Christmas Eve at my mother in laws house. Everyone opens gifts from each other, and the kids get one or two from Nonnie & Poppie. Plus new jammies from mom & dad. Here's Blake & his cousin looking super excited. Boys.

 And Morgie & Layla. They could hardly wait!

 After all of the fun & excitement at Nonnies, we drove around & looked at a few Christmas lights, and then it was time to toss out some snacks for Santa's reindeer.

 And you can't forget the cookes & milk for the big guy. They chose chocolate chip & snickerdoodle.

 This one is a little blurry, but here they are in their new pjs. Minus Blake, since he refuses to wear actual pajamas. He gets basketball shorts. Morgan got Hello Kitty & Layla got Monster High.

 Santa came!

 She has been wanting an iPod Touch for awhile now, so she was pretty excited to finally get one!

 Miss Morgie got a brand new Hello Kitty Hoho monster from Little Bit Funky.

 I have been wanting a white tree for a few years now, and I finally found a cheap one. It's nothing fancy, but it was $2.50 at a church yard sale. Works for me! If I had enough vintage ornaments, I would have used those. But I decided on a rainbow tree instead! And I love it! Definitely need more orange or maybe gold ornaments though.


 No mantle, sadly, so I decorate the top of our tv.

 These little snow globes have been all over Pinterest and Instagram, and I wanted to join in too. They are so cute and super simple! I just wish I had a few tiny deer. I used clear glitter for my snow. 



 This is our collection of poopers. We got Mike one for Christmas one year, and now every time we find a new one we have to get it.

These are the kids nutcrackers. I wish I could find another glittery one, but those were from Walmart a few years ago.

 These were arranged totally different, but Morgan won't leave them alone. Another silly tradition, the free snow globes that JC Penney used to give out on Black Friday. This year they didn't do them, so I guess that's over.

 I replaced the candles with some oversized ornaments.

I found that ornament swag at Target last year, 90% off! And I made those framed things a few years ago.

 I didn't add much to our shelf, just a few snowmen & snowflakes. You can see I still haven't updated that frame.


 Here are four of our stockings. They were all hanging, and then all of the Command hooks decided they didn't want to stick anymore. So I only rehung four. I used to love those strips, but ever since we painted the living room, they will NOT stick in there, and I don't know how to fix it.


 A few Christmas Story village pieces in the hallway. I need to add to this collection, I think. I definitely need Ralphie's house!



This was my centerpiece on my kitchen table this year. I think it turned out really cute! 

I hope you & your family had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hopefully I will be better about blogging in the new year. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh, I LOVE your white tree with the rainbow ornaments! It's just beautiful. I'd love to have a white tree for all my vintage ornaments because I think a white tree just shows them off better than a green tree does.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...