A small update on the pumpkins... They are no more. I went out to check on them and a few snapped right off the vine, and a couple were already halfway destroyed. One was still on the vine because the stem was still green & strong. The ones that were already loose had damage on one side. So they're all gone. But it's okay... I knew they would be ripe way before Halloween. We ripped up most of the garden and are going to replant greenbeans, so I think we might try some pumpkins, too. They ripened pretty fast so I'm not sure when to plant them. This is what we ended up with:
For the outdoor project... We got this rundown, raggedy bench from his dad. He got it free from somewhere, work I think. I really should have taken a picture of this before Mike didnt anything to it. But I didnt. Lets just say, this thing looked like hell. The wood was really weathered and warped, and I think broken in places. It was falling out of the end pieces. Some old cedar wood he had laying around, some bolts & a couple cans of spray paint later, we have this!
I kind of thought to myself it might look better white, but this green matches our chairs he just redid, and I think I'm pretty happy with it. Its a major improvement over what it was, and Mike did a great job!