Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Coffee Table!


I posted back over the summer about a new coffee table I'd found. I posted in in various stages of being updated, but hadnt got it finished. We had major issues with this table. Bad paint, spots getting bumped.... lets just say this thing has probably been sanded 100 times and has multiple layers of paint now. But it's done!! This is how I found it...




And this is what we had.



But now, we have this!


I love it!! But this picture reminds me of how badly I want slipcovers and new pillows for those couches (the other one is brown) and how much we need a new rug. Something is better than nothing, and this is what we found cheap at the time. Any tips on nice rugs that arent super expensive?



Regardless of the couches and rug, I love my new table! Even it took months to finish. (LOVE YOU HONEY!)



And if you havent yet, please stop by my last post and let me know where your from! I have 45 followers, I'd love to hear from more of you. :)


13 comments:

Anny said...

I love the colors you chose! Its worth all the work you put into it :)

mommynoodles said...

Love it! Can you share with us the colors you used? Please!

Natalie,

roseylittlethings said...

well worth the wait~
I just bought a jute rug because any othe rug just gets dirty with all the kidos. It is 6x9' and has a black border which I would not normally choose black but for sanity's sake it was the only choice. I go it at cost plus for 89 plust tax and they are regularly 149$ I am loving it so far!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Neat!!! :) Love the new look. :)

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

Your new table is great! An affordable area rug idea is to have the edges of a piece of wall-to-wall carpeting bound by a carpet store.

Jane said...

Looks great! I love the robins egg blue.

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

I just LOVE the color on the legs!

If you have a Pottery Barn outlet nearby, that's a great place for rugs. Otherwise, jcp.com has nice PB knock-offs and overstock.com has a ton.

ClassiclyAmber said...

I saw your cute table featured on Better After and had to come over to tell you...it looks fab! You did a great job! It would be so cool of you to share how you made it happen and what kinda paint you used, etc.
<3

Low Tide High Style said...

Love it! Great color choices and you did a wonderful job of painting it!

Kat :)

Dolores said...

I just saw your feature on Before and After and I just love, love, love your freshly painted coffee table!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from Texas. Love your new table. Looks like it was worth all the months of hard work.

~*yOuNiQuE727*~ said...

Hi....just found you fron Better After. Wow, what a difference the paint has made. Would you mind sharing how you were able to get that glossy finish off? You did a fantastic job!

Norma

Jeannie Marie said...

Amazingly, I painted mine nearly the same as you did ( http://4jeanniemaries.blogspot.com/2012/05/beachy.html ) I've been browsing to see what others have done with coffee tables and you commented on another table makeover that you had a similar table. I looked you up and searched your blog for a coffee table. I was happy to find that you did do yours over and I love how it looks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...