Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Resolutions

I dont normally make resolutions for the new year. When I have in the past, I never really stuck with them. But I've decided to try agian this year. I know all of them wont be easy, but I'm determined this time, to finally follow through. So what are my resolustions for 2010?


Lose weight & be healthier! I know this one is a common one, and one I've tried numerous times in the past. But I am ready to finally be rid of the extra baby weight I'm carrying around from all 3 of them. I've GAINED weight since my 6 week checkup with Morgan, and I'm done with it. I got a Wii Fit for Christmas, not to mention I have a treadmill, eliptical and workout DVDs. No more excuses!



Next up, make it a point to do more fun activities with the kids. Not necessarily expensive trips out (although Disney would be great again!), but some of the many craft ideas I have saved, movies, game nights. I know we dont take enough time out to just enjoy them. They arent getting any younger!


This is one I have put off for 7 years. I could kick myself for it now! I want to get back in school and finally have a career, instead of just a low-paying job. Classes start Thursday! I'm going for Radiography. I know this really wont be easy, especially once I start the harder classes (I SUCK at math) and clinicals (not sure how that will work with my job, but I'll figure it out when the time comes). I just cant put it off any longer.


Scrapbook more. I used to be CAUGHT UP. There were many times I wanted to scrap but didnt have anything left to scrap! Those times are no more. Blake has several completed albums, Layla has several STARTED albums. I know I'll probably never be caught up, but I do want to make time to scrapbook again.



One word. PROJECTS! I have SO many things for projects piled up or stashed away. Not to mention the huge list of project ideas I have saved into a folder in my favorites. While I havent been thrifting or really getting anything else for projects, I want to make it a point to wipe out some of these started, and even unstarted, projects laying around. A lot of them only need a coouple things to be done, such as my glass lamp. It's been taken apart and painted, I just need a lampshade!





While I'm sure there are probably more I could come up with, for now, my last resolution is to get caught up on photos! I am SO bad about letting them pile up in my camera. I dont like deleting the memory card unless they are safe somewhere else (such as uploaded to Shutterfly) becuase I've had too many incidents with losing them because of a computer crash. I used to have them all developed and put in albums. Now there are piles and piles of newly developed ones, or ones that need copying for scrapping. Not to mention the under-bed tote full of them. I think this might be the one downfall to digital. You can keep adding and adding. With film, you got full and had to develop. I think I'm going to try clearing out the card everytime I get to 100, and then upload and order. I prefer Shutterfly over local developing.




Well, that's it I suppose. What about you? Are you making any resolutions this year? I'd love to hear about them! I'm adding this to Carrie's post over at Making Lemonade.


10 comments:

Lynn said...

I agree with you on the photos! I just seem to put them on my computer, and then they never get printed out. Time for me to do some albums!
Good luck on all of your resolutions!

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the photos--I'm just as bad! I need to work on that as well.

Good luck with your new school adventure!! :D

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

Happy New Year! Wow, those are some great resolutions! Thanks for the reminder to get the photos off of my computer and backed up elsewhere!

Jaime said...

Good luck with your resolutions. I need to eat healthy and get back to exercising too...no excuses! Thanks for reminding us and inspiring us to do it!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Carrie said...

Thanks for linking this to the Resolutions linky! I, too, have so many projects left undone. I hope to get them done in 2010! Of course, new ones will pile up along the way...

I'm terrible about ordering photos. I think I might just order photo books from Shutterfly instead. When I have a spare minute (HA!) I'll put the books together online and then when they have a sale buy them. Thanks for inspiring me!

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Best of luck!

I love that little green bucket with colored pencils in it, too :)

Leanne said...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. You have great resolutions. I need to work on getting the pictures off the computer. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Those are all great resolutions. The pic of them sleeping is just too sweet!

I've given up on being caught up on scrapbooking. lol I was just thinking I would finish the pages I have started and then just commit to printing out my digital ones and placing them in albums. It will be hard enough for me to keep up with that. lol

Best of luck with your healthier lifestyle as well, that's a tough one. I'm going to try and do the same.
~Michelle

Nicole A. said...

We have so many of the same goals for this year! I to would love to get my photos in order, I have lose weight and get healthier at the top of my list, and the projects one....I soooooooo need to just finish what I have started and then I can move onto others! I was wondering about the comment, lol. I have had lots of spam lately, this one is nice though, haha.

Thanks for Stopping Over!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...