Sunday, November 21, 2010

Glittery Christmas Art


This is a pretty easy project, but I think it's pretty cute! Especially if you love glitter, like I do. First you need frames. I went with those ugly, gold metal frames you see at every thrift store or yardsale. Even the thrift doesn't want these, they are always in a box outside with the other "junk" like McDonalds toys. You can see they were only $.25. Ignore the lovely 1990 goose art!





Next you need chipboard. Wood shapes would work, too.



And the good stuff. Martha Stewart glitter! I started to use the glass glitter pictured, but ended up grabbing my blue Martha glitter.



Glitter your chipboard! I ended up having to do two coats of glitter because I didnt like how sparse it looked with one. Painting the chipboard a matching color would probably help with that. (See, told you I use Shutterfly!)




Purty!!



I don't have a photo for every step of this, but you just take the insert out of the frame (not the piece that has the "leg"). I used the glass to trace the size needed onto a piece of white felt. Then I glued the felt onto that insert.



After you put it back in the frame, this is what it will look like. I added the chipboard after putting it together, but it's probably better to add it before. I was in a hurry to see how they would look! Oh, and I used tacky glue but hot glue would be fine, too!



And here they are all together!









I don't have red spray paint or glitter, or I would have done some red, too!


Linked to:
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming
Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog
Link Up at Saturday Morning
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts
Look What I Made at Creations by Kara
DIY Craft Tutorials at Fine Craft Guild
Talent Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage

14 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Cute! Love glitter!

Amy Marie said...

I love glitter but it does not love me! You rocked these!

AttemptingAloha said...

Those are adorable! Found you via Under Table and Dreaming.

Aloha,

Charlie

Denise said...

Oooo....I like!

Thanks for sharing!

Denise

ExploreColorado said...

What a neat idea!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy. They are as cute as everything you do!!!

I just had to tell you your package for the Carmex giveaway just arrived. It is super nice. I'm thrilled that I won it! It's one of the best giveaways I've won. I'll be posting about it soon.

I hope you and the family have a blessed Thanksgiving ~ Love ya, Tracy :)

Jodi Nelson said...

Adorable!

Susan said...

Super cute!! Love them!!

Unknown said...

Hey Wendy. I've scheduled a post to go up in the morning about winning your Carmex giveaway. I also used your Esty banner in the post. I hope you don't mind.

Hope you have a beautiful day...Tracy :)

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Wendy. These are adorable! I love the glitter. Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you have a fabulous week ~ Stephanie Lynn

The Single Nester said...

Dontcha just love glitter? I especially like the blues and turquoise Martha glitter!

roseylittlethings said...

super cute and fun:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely art piece! I was just wondering how do you add a second coat of glitter. Do you just place another coat of glue on top of the first layer of glitter? I rather not guess and ask you instead. Again, this is a great project! thanks! :)

warmly,

Marlene

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Wendy, those are gorgeous!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...