Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Cake & Slush

A woman my mother in law works with is retiring soon. She happens to be a fan of Dale Earnhardt, Jr, so my mother in law asked me if I could make a cake for the occasion. Now I know it isn't perfect. But it's done. I just hope she likes it! I was originally going to do the bottom cake green or maybe grey, but I was worried about not coloring enough frosting to cover it, OR, making too much and not having enough for the other colors. So I went with white.


I printed the 88 and used candy melts to trace over it. I piped the white outline with royal icing.



The Amp logo is also royal icing. I was planning on taking it off the wax paper and putting it on the cake, but it didn't want to dry so I had to keep the wax paper on. She said it was fine. I wish it would have come off though.



She also requested a twist on the rainbow slush. A Dale Jr slush!



I hurried to get it all finished yesterday because I thought she needed it today. Turns out she didn't need it until tomorrow. Oh well, at least it's done!

Don't forget to enter the Chippy Design Giveaway!


Linked to: Hookin Up With HoH at House of Hepworths, Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Foodie Friday at Little Brick Ranch, Funky Fresh Friday at KoolBeenz, Friday Favorites at Inspiring Creations, Catch-as-Catch-Can at My Repurposed Life, Project Party Weekend at Bubbly Nature, Show & Share Day at Just a Girl, Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello


4 comments:

Natalia Lynn said...

This looks great! And anyone who has ever decorated a cake knows how hard and long it is to do all those stars! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

WOW - so much work went into this I would probably wince when the first slice was cut!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday.

Oh, and if you haven’t done so already - don’t forget to pop on over to Little Brick Ranch to enter the Joey Totes Earth Day GIVEAWAY!!!

**Bloggy Tip of The Day - Make sure you have an email address associated with your profile to make it easier for people to reply to your comments!! :) **

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ditto Natalia! All of those stars take forever---you are a patient woman. The cake looks great. :)

Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party! Have a blessed Easter. :)

Sommer said...

Good heavens that looks like a lot of work! I think it turned out wonderfully! My son asked me to make a zucchini bread cake with cream cheese frosting for his bday next week... I am not a cake decorator by any stretch... so I'm hoping it's not a disasterpiece lol. I'd like to invite you to share this at my VIP party this weekend. http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-12.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...